Saturday, April 10, 2010

Rainy day inspiration!

Have I mentioned how much I love Charlie and Lola? I think I first became aware of them when my eldest son was 2, he is now 6. I remember sitting and watching this show enchanted by how beautifully done it was. The colours, patterns and of course the most adorable little kiddies with the most adorable accents drew me in and have made me the fan I am today. Although my boys are growing out of Charlie and Lola, I continue to buy their books, their stickers and fridge magnets...for the boys...or um...maybe for me.

My other favourite kids author would have to be Eric Carle - he is an amazing artist, even if sometimes the stories dont always grab my boys...the pictures always do. I have lots of his stickers in my card making collection...shh dont tell the boys!


And of course who could forget my divine and overwhelming passion for the vintage/retro era. I love the funky colours, the amazing dresses and pulled in waists of a good vintage frock. What can I say, I love a dress that accentuates a curvy woman (My body is a little lumpy and curvy after having the boys) the idea of not having to be a size 8 to look good is always a bonus. If only I could dress like that every day...hmmm dreamy.


No comments:

Post a Comment