Monday, February 1, 2010

And the education begins.

Today I sent my oldest boy to school for his first day...ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I cant believe the time has flown by so fast. I stilll remember being in the hospital, sick and exhausted and scared my little boy wouldn't make it. Although it is no reflection on the little man he has become today, he is a strong child with strong charecteristics and an even stronger stubborn streak (wonder where that comes from?) I walked away from the room a little nervous, just the usual things like: will he find the toilet alright? will he make new friends? will he do the work the teacher assigns him? and the all important one - will he miss me?

We took the youngest on the playground at the school for a bit, just to pass a little time and not seem like the parents that are running away quickly. We had the traditional cup of tea in the library and chatted to others saying goodbye to their prep kiddies...it calmed the nerves a bit. Now I am sitting at my computer typing furiously to keep busy while the youngest plays with some playdoh. I wonder if he will miss big bro? I guess he will, it's only natural, I spose.

Well my big boy, mummy is proud of you and hope your education is fun filled and I hope to be a good mum and to not sleep in and make you late or forget to pick you up.

No comments:

Post a Comment